Monday, March 21, 2011

Formula Development: Age of Appearance

I am currently working on my next theory. But i need some help.

Often when at work the questions is posed "how old do I look".

I am proposed that anyone from 16-41 would like to be called between 21-28.

Are there different formulas for certain age ranges? or could there be one consistent formula? Different formulas exist for sexes I am sure.

I think a young man's preferred appearance age is between 25-28 while a woman's preferred age of appearance is between 21-25

I would love to hear your thoughts. I hope to have this posted sometime next week. Please comment with even the smallest ideas. Anything helps!

2 comments:

Brent Woodcox said...

Also depends on the audience. If I'm coaching baseball, I want the players to think I am young enough to relate to them where they're at.

If I'm dealing with Senators at work, I want them to think I'm old enough to be accorded respect.

So I think the desired perception changes depending on the person.

Michael Williams said...

I guess I would say the 25-28 rule is pretty sound for me. Seems to me that in the working world as a person younger than 25, you often are treated as very young because, well...I am. That age range is around the time when I think people are seen as being the most adult but also young enough to still be seen as young person. I know that sounds really cyclical, but it makes sense in my head.

I understand Brent's perspective because he works with majority of people over 40 and I think people of that generation have a habit of seeing people under 30 as very immature.